Founders and producers Hanneke Niens (former co-founder and producer of IDTV Film) and Hans de Wolf (former producer of Egmond Film) develop and produce features, documentaries and drama series.
They have an extensive network of co-producers and financiers like ITVS, the British Film Institute, Eurimages, Chios Media, Al Jazeera and Netflix.
Vital to their approach is the close collaboration with writers and directors to develop intelligent, character-driven audience favourites (Soof 1 and Soof 2 €14 million box office The Netherlands, Ventoux) and accessible art-house films (Nena - Berlinale Generation Plus 2015, Beyond Sleep - opening film IFFR 2016, The Idol - TIFF 2016).
Recently September Film Production's Pim Hermeling acquired an interest in KeyFilm, integrating both parties expertise to further expand KeyFilm's international position and co-productions.
The producers won numerous (inter)national awards (click for list of Awards), including an Oscar® nomination for Twin Sisters, an Emmy and three times the Prix Europa. They scored box office hits with Twin Sisters, Nynke, Bride Flight and Soof 1 & 2 and their films were screened in competition in Berlin (Nena, Chopsticks, Bluebird), Locarno (Katia’s Sister), Toronto (Antonia, Unfinished Sky, The Idol) and San Sebastian (Godforsaken, Silent City).
Recent titles a.o.:
- The Palestinian-German-Dutch co-production The Reports on Sarah and Saleem by Rami and Muayad Alayan, release 2018
- Craving, based on the award winning novel by Esther Gerritsen, directed by Saskia Diesing, release 2018
- Series Soof: A New Beginning, release Videoland november 2017
- The Austrian-Luxembourg-Dutch family drama Night of a 1000 Hours by Virgil Widrich, starring Amira Casar, world premiere at Pusan October 2016
- Beyond Sleep, directed by European Film Award winner Boudewijn Koole, world premiere as Royal opening film at IFFR 2016
Hanneke and Hans are guest tutors of respectively the Netherlands Film and Television Academy, EAVE and Theatre Academy Maastricht. They are members of ACE, EFA, the Netherlands producers association FPN and the European producers association EPC.